Dr. Milind Kulkarni
1) I have completed my undergraduate studies (MBBS) from MIMSR Medical College, Latur, Maharashtra in May 2002
2) Completed Diploma in Tuberculosis Diseases & Chest Medicine from College of Physicians & Surgeons, University of Mumbai, India in April 2007
3) Completed Certificate Course in HIV Medicine at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune from College of Physicians & Surgeons, University of Mumbai, India in October 2008.
• Senior Clinician for NeuroAIDS Project (Indo-US collaboration) at National AIDS Research Institute (NARI), Pune, India.2008–2013
• As a senior medical officer for the (NACO), India sponsored Free ART roll-out programme at Model Colony, Pune, India. 2008–2013
• As a chief consultant for Youth Peer Education Programme (YPEP), a Free ART roll-out programme, sponsored by Indian Red Cross Society, at Rasta Peth, Pune, India 2007–2013Our work focuses on raising awareness of TB, among both the communities at highest risk of developing the illness and the organizations that work with them. We also help people to access life-saving treatment and support them during this difficult time.
• Secured First position in Maharashtra with Two Gold Medals in CPS- TDD Examination 2007
• Awarded with a Comprehensive Scholarship from Europian AIDS Clinical Society actively participated in “8th Advanced HIV Course“ (EACS) at Montpellier (France) in September 2010
• Recently awarded with a Partial Scholarship to attend 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment, and Prevention (IAS 2013),30 June – 03 July 2013 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Other Experience and Professional Memberships:
• Attended “Basic Course in HIV Medicine“ conducted by Institute of Infectious Diseases at Pune, Maharashtra, India in affiliation with Pune Municipal Corporation in 2007
• Participated in “ Advanced course in HIV Medicine“ conducted by Institute of Infectious Diseases, Pune, India in collaboration with HIV-TRI and Royal Free Hospital, London in March 2008.
• Actively participated in intensive 12 days Training on HIV/AIDS Medicine for ART Medical Officers ( Free ART roll-out programme ) by NACO/NARI Pune in June 2008.
• Participated in three Quarterly Updates on Infectious Diseases conducted by Dr. Sanjay Pujari (IID Pune) at Poona Hospital & Research Center, Pune.
• Participated in the National Consultation meeting titled “Galvanizing Evidence for HIV Management“ sponsored by NARI-NIH-WHO in Jan 2011.
• Actively participated in 1st & 2nd Conference organized by HIV Medicine Association of India ( HIVMAI ) at Pune, in March 2011 and at Hyderabad, in September 2012
• Taking an active part in monthly videoconferencing- case discussions between John Hopkins University – NARI and BJMC CTU, Pune.
• Actively participated in ICMR Workshop on Statistical Concepts for Clinical Research organized by NARI (ICMR) Pune, in December 2012
• HIV Medicine Association of India.
1–Presented a research paper in the Annual Conference of Research Society BJMC Pune Title– Abdominal Sonography findings in HIV infected patients attending an outpatient clinic in Pune Authors: Dhande SM, Joshi AA, Ghate MV, Kulkarni MM, Zirpe SS, Narkhede HB, and Tripathy SP
2–Abstract (A-581-0123-01498) accepted for 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2013),30 June – 03 July 2013 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia- Title– Tenofovir nephrotoxicity in resource-limited setting of Western India: Higher rate of renal function decline, acute kidney injury and progression to chronic kidney disease compared to Western data. Authors: Ameet Dravid, Milind Kulkarni, Sachin Dhande, Amit Borkar
3–Abstract (A-641-0108-08321) submitted for AIDS 2014, 20th July-25th July 2014 in Melbourne ,Australia Title— Prevalence of low bone mineral density (BMD) amongst HIV infected patients taking long term antiretroviral therapy (ART)in western India: a resource-limited setting perspective Authors : Ameet Dravid, Milind Kulkarni, Sachin Dhande, Amit Borkar